Buying Tips - Gas, Electric and Induction Cooktops
The decision between a gas or electric or induction cooktop is not always clear-cut. Before you buy your next cooktop, be sure to gather the following information to find the right one for you and your family.
Basic Questions to Ask Before Buying
- Do you need a gas or electric model?
If you need a gas cooktop, do you require natural or liquid propane (LP)?
(For LP fuel, a separate LP conversion kit must be purchased separately, and installed by a qualified distributor or installer.)
- Are you building a new home, remodeling/upgrading your current kitchen, or are you replacing an existing appliance?
Questions to Help You Choose the Right Model
What size cooktop do you need?
We offer 30" and 36" cooktop models. Be sure to measure your cutout space, then check the dimensions of the cooktop you're interested in to help ensure a proper fit. Look for "Installation Instructions" on each cooktop for exact cutout dimensions before cutting cabinets or countertops.
30" GE Cooktops
36" GE Cooktops
- Will you be installing your new cooktop over a built-in wall oven or warming drawer? Check this document for approved cooktop and wall oven pairings.
- Would you enjoy a cooktop that offers additional flexibility?
- Is precise temperature control important when cooking?