OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 21 YEARS OLD AS OF TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “GE® Dream Big Sweepstakes” (“Promotion”) is open to eligible individuals who, as of the date of entry, are legal residents of and residing within, the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia, who are at least 21 years old except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the "step" of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members) of General Electric Company ("Sponsor"), its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/promotion/web design agencies including Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment, ("Mercury") and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Sponsor & Others"), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to this Promotion are ineligible to enter or win.
2. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION & HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION:
A. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Promotion consists of nineteen (19) daily Sweepstakes (“Periodic Sweepstakes”) and one (1) Grand Prize Sweepstakes. The first Periodic Sweepstakes and the Grand Prize Sweepstakes start at 12:00 A.M., Eastern Time ("ET") on 2/6/14; the last Periodic Sweepstakes and the Grand Prize Sweepstakes end at 11:59:59 P.M., ET on 2/24/14 (the "Promotion Period"). The important dates for all Periodic Sweepstakes and the Grand Prize Sweepstakes are listed in the table below. Entries from one Periodic Sweepstakes will not be carried forward to any subsequent Periodic Sweepstakes; however, all entries from all Periodic Sweepstakes will be carried forward and entered into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes.
(as of 12:00:01 A.M. E.T. that day)
(as of 11:59:59 P.M. E.T. that day)
|Approx. Random Drawing Date||Notification Date|
B. HOW TO ENTER: Each day during the Promotion Period that you wish to enter, go to www.geappliances.com, click the “enter now” button, and provide all of the requested registration information including complete name, valid email address, telephone, etc. After you have successfully registered, you will receive one (1) entry into the respective Periodic Sweepstakes and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per person per calendar day regardless of e-mail address used.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS & ODDS OF WINNING: On or about the dates listed above, Mercury, the independent judging agency administering this Promotion, will select the name of the one (1) potential Periodic Sweepstakes winner of each Periodic Sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all of the eligible entries received during that Periodic Sweepstakes and will similarly select the name of the one (1) potential Grand Prize Sweepstakes winner from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. As stated above, non-winning entries from one (1) Periodic Sweepstakes will not be carried forward to subsequent Periodic Sweepstakes but all entries received throughout the Promotion Period will be entered into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes. Potential Periodic Sweepstakes winners and the potential Grand Prize winners (sometimes, individually referred to below as “Potential Winner” and collectively as “Potential Winners”) will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about the dates listed in the table. Odds of being selected as a Potential Winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during that respective Periodic Sweepstakes. Odds of being selected as the potential Grand Prize Winner depend on the total number of all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Sponsor's decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV") / MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE ("MSRP"):
A. PERIODIC SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE (19 Total, 1 Prize per Periodic Sweepstakes): Each Periodic Sweepstakes Winner will receive a Two Hundred Fifty Dollar ($250) Visa® Pre-Paid Card (“Card”). The Card must be used in compliance with its stated terms and condition and in compliance with law. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for misplaced, stolen, lost or tampered with Cards. Cards will be mailed within 6 – 8 weeks after notification. ARV of each Periodic Sweepstakes Prize: $250; Total ARV of all Periodic Sweepstakes Prizes: $4,750.
B. GRAND PRIZE (1): The Grand Prize Winner will receive his/her choice of one (1) suite of GE appliances from among the sixteen (16) suites of GE appliances designated by Sponsor plus a check in the amount of Ten Thousand Dollars that s/he may use for kitchen design services.
NOTE: Regardless of whether the Grand Prize Winner selects one (1) of the two (2) GE Appliance suites in the new Slate Finish, one (1) of the seven (7) GE Café Series appliance suites or one (1) of the seven (7) GE Profile Series appliance suites, the Grand Prize Winner will receive only one (1) appliance suite.
i. GE Appliance suite in the new Slate finish: Ranging in Total MSRP from $5,496 to $5,896;
ii. GE Café Series appliance suite: Ranging in Total MSRP from $8,796 to $11,774;
iii. GE Profile Series appliance suite: Ranging in Total MSRP from $8,796 to $14,394
Total Value of Grand Prize will range in value between: $15,496 to $24,394
NOTE: The number and type of kitchen appliances will vary by suite. Upon notification of verification of being deemed the Grand Prize Winner, s/he will be provided with a complete listing of the actual appliances contained in each of the sixteen (16) suites and their MSRPs as well as other information Sponsor deems relevant for selection of Grand Prize.
Sponsor will only deliver the Grand Prize to the Grand Prize Winner's legal residence within the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia that is within a GE delivery zone. If the potential Grand Prize Winner resides in an area that is not within the GE delivery zone, the potential Grand Prize Winner must agree to accept delivery at the location within the GE delivery zone that is closest to his/her residence and to be solely responsible for delivery from that location to his/her residence. Installation of the Grand Prize and removal of any appliances being replaced is solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All costs and expenses associated with the Grand Prize not specifically included above, e.g., all federal, state and local taxes, etc., are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. If the actual retail value of the Grand Prize or any component thereof is less than its stated manufacturer's suggested retail price, the Grand Prize Winner will not receive the difference in value.
Prize Limit: A Periodic Sweepstakes Winner is not eligible to win any other Periodic Sweepstakes nor is his/her spouse, parent, child or any individual who resides in the Winner's household; however, a Periodic Sweepstakes Winner is eligible to win the Grand Prize.
5. IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entrants should regularly check their spam filters email and voice messages to ensure they do not contain any important Promotion notifications. Regardless of the prize won, prizes are not redeemable for cash; nor are they transferable or substitutable except that Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute a prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. The Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being the potential Grand Prize Winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number or Taxpayer ID Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or an alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected. The Grand Prize Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 in the amount of the actual value of the Grand Prize as required by law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and randomly select an alternate Potential Periodic Sweepstakes Winner or the potential Grand Prize Winner in the event that: (a) s/he is unreachable; (b) a prize notification email is returned as undeliverable or is not responded to; (c) s/he fails to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency and/or eligibility; (d) s/he declines acceptance of the prize; or (e) if in Sponsor's determination, s/he has not complied with these Official Rules. All Periodic Sweepstakes Prizes and the Grand Prize will be awarded provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries; however, Sponsor will make no more than three (3) attempts to award a prize. If after three (3) such good faith attempts, Sponsor is unable to award a prize; the prize will not be awarded. Sponsor has no responsibility for any Winner's inability to accept or utilize his/her prize.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS A PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF A PRIZE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR & OTHERS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS APPLIES TO YOU.
7. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By acceptance of a prize, the respective Periodic Sweepstakes Winner and Grand Prize Winner (hereinafter, sometimes collectively referred to as "Winner(s)") agrees to allow Sponsor, and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, personal information, photos, videos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except as and where prohibited by law.
8. RELEASE: By acceptance of a prize, each Winner releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion or acceptance of a prize, or arising out of use of or participation in any Promotion or prize-related activity.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut or the appropriate Connecticut State Court located in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Connecticut and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Connecticut. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. GENERAL: By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules as stated herein and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. This Promotion is void in Alaska, Hawaii, in all jurisdictions outside of the contiguous 48 United States/District of Columbia and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by 3/15/14 to: "GE Dream Big Sweepstakes" Winners List, 35610 Mound Road, Dept. 900, Sterling Heights, MI 48310.
SPONSOR: General Electric Company, 3135 Easton Turnpike, Fairfield, CT 06828 (This Sweepstakes is offered by Sponsor's Appliances & Lighting Division, P.O. Box 34820, Louisville, KY 40232-9923).
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association;
Copyright 2014 General Electric Company. All rights reserved.
No portion of these "GE Dream Big Sweepstakes" Official Rules may be republished or reprinted in whole or in part without the prior written permission of General Electric Company.