NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF, AND RESIDING WITHIN, THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AS OF TIME OF ENTRY. RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, HAWAII AND PUERTO RICO ARE INELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Great American Cooking Event Sweepstakes ("Promotion") is open to legal residents of, and residing within, the 48 contiguous United States or District of Columbia, who, at the time of entry, are at least 21 years old. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the "step" of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members, whether or not related) of General Electric Company (Sponsor"), its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, advertising/promotion/web design agencies including Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment ("Mercury"); and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Sponsor & Others"), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. Residents of AK, HI, PR all jurisdictions other than the 48 contiguous United States or District of Columbia are ineligible to participate.
2. TIMING: The Promotion starts at 12:00 A.M., Eastern Time ("ET") on 9/16/15 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M., ET on 10/13/15 (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion consists of twenty eight (28) daily sweepstakes ("Daily Sweepstakes") and one (1) Grand Prize sweepstakes ("Grand Prize Sweepstakes"). During the Promotion Period, each day's Daily Sweepstakes will start at 12:00 A.M. ET and end at 11:59:59 P.M. ET of that day. The Grand Prize Sweepstakes will run for the length of the Promotion Period.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION: To participate in the Promotion and receive an entry ("Entry" or collectively, "Entries") into the then current Daily Sweepstakes and the Grand Prize Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant ("Entrant" and collectively, "Entrants") should visit http://www.geappliances.com/ge/rebates-promotions/ge-cooking-event-sweepstakes and follow the instructions to answer a multiple-choice question about GE's Advantium® oven. The multiple-choice question does not have to be answered correctly to receive an Entry. After the Entrant has answered the multiple-choice question, the Entrant must provide the required registration information including his/her first name, last name, primary phone number and a valid email address. Entries from one (1) Daily Sweepstakes will not be carried forward to a subsequent Daily Sweepstakes; however, all Daily Sweepstakes Entries will be entered into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes. Entry is via Internet only. Limit: One (1) Entry per individual per day regardless of e-mail address used.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS & ODDS OF WINNING: Within five (5) business days following each Daily Sweepstakes, Mercury, the independent judging agency administering this Promotion, will select the name of the one (1) potential Daily Sweepstakes Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received in that respective Daily Sweepstakes. On or about October 16, 2015, Mercury will select the name of the one (1) potential Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received in the Grand Prize Sweepstakes. Potential Daily and Grand Prize Winners (sometimes, individually referred to below as "Winner" and collectively as "Winners") will be notified by phone or e-mail on or about the next business day following the applicable random drawing. Mercury's decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Odds of winning a Daily Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible Entries received in that respective Daily Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the Grand Prize Sweepstakes depend on the total number of all eligible Entries received in all Daily Sweepstakes throughout the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: Grand Prize (1); Total Number of Daily Sweepstakes Prizes – 28 Prizes (1 Prize per Daily Sweepstakes).
(A) DAILY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: Each Daily Sweepstakes Winner will receive a $300 Visa® Prepaid Card. Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $300 each. Total ARV of the Daily Sweepstakes Prizes: $8,400.
NOTE: Terms and conditions of Visa Prepaid Cards apply. Stock Batch Incentive Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. MetaBank is not the issuer of this Sweepstakes. Card may have fees that reduce winnings. Card does not expire. This card can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted within the U.S. only. Sponsor is not responsible for misplaced, lost, stolen or tampered with cards.
(B) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner will receive his/her choice of one (1) of the following prize packages:
i. Gas Range Package: Package includes a GE Profile™ Series 30" Free-Standing Gas Double Oven Convection Range (PGB960SEJSS), a GE Profile™ Series Over-the-Range oven with Advantium® technology (PSA9240SFSS), and a $3,000 check to help cover taxes and installation. ARV: $6,400.
ii. Electric Range Package: Package includes a GE Profile™ Series 30" Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Convection Range (PB960SJSS), a GE Profile™ Series Over-the-Range oven with Advantium® technology (PSA9240SFSS), and a $3,000 check to help cover taxes and installation. ARV: $6,100.
Limit: A Winner of one (1) Daily Sweepstakes is not eligible to win any other Daily Sweepstakes nor is his/her spouse, parent, child or any individual who resides in a Winner's household; however, a Winner of a Daily Sweepstakes is eligible to win the Grand Prize Sweepstakes.
NOTE: Sponsor will only deliver the Grand Prize to the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner's legal residence within the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia that is within a GE delivery zone. If the potential Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner resides in an area that is not within the GE delivery zone, the potential Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner must agree to accept delivery at the location within the GE delivery zone that is closest to his/her residence and to be solely responsible for delivery from that location to his/her residence. All costs and expenses not specifically included above are solely the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner's responsibility, including all federal, state and local sales and use taxes, etc. Installation of an appliance won in the Grand Prize Sweepstakes and removal of the appliance being replaced is solely the responsibility of the respective Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner.
Total ARV of all prizes: Up to $14,800.
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO BOTH THE DAILY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES AND THE GRAND PRIZE (BOTH REFERRED TO BELOW AS EITHER THE "PRIZE" OR THE "PRIZES": Entrants should regularly check their spam filters and email messages to ensure they do not contain any important Promotion notifications. Regardless of the Prize won, no Prize is redeemable for cash; nor is it transferable or substitutable except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute a Prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. Each Daily Sweepstakes Prize Winner will be required to provide a valid physical address for prize fulfillment within seven (7) days of notification or attempted notification of being a potential Winner, or an alternate potential Winner may be selected. The Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner will be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being the potential Grand Prize Winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or an alternate potential Winner maybe selected. The Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner will receive a Form 1099 in the amount of the actual value of the Prize, as required by law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and randomly select an alternate potential Winner in the event that: (a) a potential Winner is unreachable; (b) a Prize notification email is returned as undeliverable or is not responded to; (c) failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (d) a potential Winner declines acceptance of the Prize; or (e) if in Sponsor's determination, a potential Winner has not complied with these Official Rules. All Prizes will be awarded provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries; however, Sponsor will make no more than three (3) attempts to award a Prize. If after three (3) such good faith attempts, Sponsor is unable to award a Prize; the Prize will not be awarded. Sponsor has no responsibility for a Winner's inability to accept or utilize a Prize.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS A PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF A PRIZE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSER & OTHERS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. ENTRANTS SHOULD CHECK THEIR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO THEM.
8. RELEASE: By acceptance of a Prize, a Winner releases Sponsor & Others from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Promotion, arising out of participation in this Promotion or Prize related activity whether sponsored by Sponsor or third parties or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a Prize or any component of a Prize.
9. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By acceptance of a Prize, a Winner agree to allow Sponsor, and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, personal information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except as and where prohibited by law.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut or the appropriate Connecticut State Court located in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Connecticut and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Connecticut. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
11. GENERAL: By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Promotion. This Promotion is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All Entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any lost, late, undelivered, misdelivered or postage due mail.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by 11/30/15, to: Winners List, Great American Cooking Event Sweepstakes, 35610 Mound Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48310-4725.
SPONSOR: General Electric Company, 3135 Easton Turnpike, Fairfield, CT 06828 is the sole sponsor of this Promotion (This Promotion is offered by Sponsor's Appliances & Lighting Division, P.O. Box 34820, Louisville, KY 40232-9923).
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association; MetaBank® is a registered trademark of MetaBank.
These Great American Cooking Event Sweepstakes Official Rules may not be re-published in whole or in part without the prior written consent of General Electric Company.
© 2015 General Electric Company. All Rights Reserved.