GE WiFi Connect Appliances
Last Updated June 6, 2016
Information We Collect from Your GE Appliances WiFi Connect Appliances and How We Use It
What data are we collecting?
By using the GE Appliances WiFi Connect appliance platform, GE Appliances will collect and store data for each connected appliance and/or device (“Appliances”) configured on your home network, as well as smart devices used to access the GE Appliances WiFi applications (collectively, “Connected Data”). Connected Data includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- The model and serial number of your connected Appliances.
- Real-time usage information for your connected Appliances, such as the number of times a door of a connected Appliance is opened, the type and/or number of cycles run by a connected Appliance and the date your connected Appliance was installed.
- Location data of your connected Appliance based upon your connected Appliance’s IP address, MAC address, RFID and/or WiFi connection.
- Electricity, water, and gas consumption data for your connected Appliances.
- Status, service and diagnostic information for your connected Appliances, specifically alerts, tips, maintenance, renewal, performance and repair information.
- Smart device information, including, but not limited to, service provider information, error reporting, application interaction data, crash reports and network information, such as your smart device’s IP Address and network SSID. This information is necessary for you to use the GE Appliances’ WiFi connected appliance platform from your smart device.
- Specific geolocation information from your smart device, such as GPS coordinates, location name or geo-fence information. We will seek your prior consent before collecting specific geolocation data from your smart device.
Connected Data is collected from your connected Appliance and transmitted to the GE Appliances’ central server.
How are we going to use it?
GE Appliances will use your Connected Data in the following ways:
We may use Connected Data to register your connected Appliances, improve the products and services we provide and to enhance your experience with the Haier family of companies. We may analyze the Connected Data and provide recommendations to you on how to optimize the use of your connected Appliance and provide you with, tips, maintenance, and repair programs related to our products and services. We also may use Connected Data for internal purposes which include, but are not limited to, administration of our websites, data analytics, market research purposes, identification and execution of sales, marketing and advertising opportunities and compliance with law or legal process and our policies and procedures
Connected Data and other information concerning the function of your connected Appliances may be provided to you via smart device or web portal, as such features become available. You can use this Connected Data to remotely monitor and control your GE Appliances WiFi Connect Appliances in your home. In addition, functionality may be available to allow you to change the behavior of your connected Appliances including, but not limited to, adjusting the settings of your connected Appliances and the ability to download software updates to your WiFi-enabled Appliances. If you use these functions, information will also be provided to you in the form of text messages, push notifications or email alerts from your Appliances connected to the GE Appliances WiFi Connect appliance platform; this may include notifications of Appliance faults, product alerts, end of cycle signals and other similar product notifications.
We may collect and/or create aggregate and other data that does not identify an individual. This data tells us such things as geographic information on our user community and comparative performance and usage data. We may use this data for our business purposes and may share this data with third parties. Except as identified below in the section titled “Information We Share”, we will not share Connected Data that may identify you to third parties.
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose your Connected Data (i) if you have instructed us or have otherwise provided consent to transfer your Connected Data to a third party, (ii) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (iii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials pursuant to a subpoena, court order or other mandate, or (iv) when we have a reasonable belief disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss.
Information We Transfer
We may transfer the Connected Data we store to other countries where we do business for the purposes described above. We will protect that data as described here unless otherwise required by applicable laws.
In the event you instruct us or have otherwise provided consent to transfer your Connected Data to a third party, the specific Connected Data transferred to such third party shall be at our discretion. Connected Data transferred to a third party shall be pursuant to that third party’s privacy practices which we strongly recommend you review prior to transfer. We are not responsible for the treatment or use of Connected Data transferred to a third party pursuant to your instruction or consent even if such Connected Data originated with a device manufactured or sold by us.
We may provide links to third-party web sites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy practices which we recommend you review if you visit any linked web sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
How We Protect Data
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the connected appliance data you provide.
How to Contact Us