Many GE dryers feature an End of Cycle signal. There is less chance of clothes getting wrinkled if they are removed from the dryer promptly, and the signal alerts you that the cycle is about to end.
GE offers 3 signal types:
- 1995 and newer dryers give several short buzzes a few minutes before shutting off.
- 1994 and earlier models buzzed for approximately 1/2 minute to 2 1/2 minutes just prior to the end of each drying cycle. (Normal is 1 min. 15 sec, minimum is 18 sec. and maximum is 2 min. 12 sec., depending on the model.) To stop the buzzer on these models, advance the timer to the OFF position, (or turn the end-of-cycle signal selector to OFF). Opening the door may not
terminate the signal.
- Variable: This signal can be turned on and off and has an adjustable tone. Most models can be programmed for one of three tone levels.
- Deluxe: This signal can be turned on or off and is not adustable.
- Fixed: This signal is "fixed" and the volume cannot be adjusted. It will buzz automatically at the end of the cycle and once the timer moves to the OFF position, it will automatically shut off.
On some models, a Signal Option switch will disable the buzzer when not wanted or needed.See the Owner's Manual for model specific information.
Download a free copy of the Owner's Manual and/or Installation Instructions.