GE's exclusive TrueTemp™ system with advanced technology provides exceptional cooking performance and consistently even oven temperatures.
The TrueTemp system includes an electronic oven control and a platinum tipped oven sensor for even heat distribution and maximum oven control.
was designed with a SmartLogic™ electronic controls with a platinum sensor. The
GE TrueTemp™ system monitors and maintains oven temperature. It senses
sudden, significant heat loss and responds with extra power.
It will click on and off as it cycles, every 2 to 3 minutes, this is normal.
For benefits of ERC (Electronic Oven Control) controls
The TrueTemp™ system is offered on:
Freestanding electric ranges with QS-III, QS-IV and QS-V 7/97 and Later.
Gas freestanding ranges with QS-III, QS-IV and QS-V 5/98 and later.
Built-in wall ovens 27" and 30" 10/98 and later models
The following are the features of GE TrueTemp™ on Electric Ranges only:
Check the Owner's Manual for specific model set-up information.
Download a free copy of the Owner's Manual and/or Installation Instructions.
Six Pass Power Bake - Our most powerful bake element ever (3410 watts),
that means 30% more wattage. This six pass element provides even heat
- Faster Preheat/Reheat -Accelerates preheat and recovery time.
Note: Preheat time for TrueTemp™ varies, non-hidden bake
models will preheat faster than hidden bake models.
- New "Digipad"(QS-V only)
- Provides digital precision with easy-to-set
controls. Simple, convenient cooking is quickly initiated.
- New "Time and Temperature"(QS-IV only) - For viewing convenience, the time and
temperature are displayed simultaneously.
- New "Digital Temperature Display"(QS-II and QS-III only)
- Combines the accuracy of digital temperature readout with the convenience of a QuickSet
knob. "Temp recall" will be written under (-) minute pad. Press this to see
the selected oven temperature.
- New Start Pad/Prompt (QS-IV and QS-V only)
- New "SF" or "Special Functions" (QS-v only)