|Reasons for wrinkling:
Note: Wrinkling can occur in the washer as well as the dryer.
- Failure to use a fabric softener
- Improper sorting of the clothes
- Too many items in the washer
- Use of incorrect wash and dry cycles
- Incorrect water level
- Washing repeatedly in water that is too hot for the fabric
- Accumulations of lime scale due to the use of non-phosphate detergents
- Leaving the clothes in the dryer after tumbling
- Too many items in the dryer
- Too few items in the dryer
Ways to prevent wrinkling:
To Correct Wrinkles, use any of the following suggestions:
- Remove the clothes immediately when the dryer stops tumbling and place them on hangers.
- Dry only one washer load at a time.
- If drying only one item, add two similar articles (wet or dry). The additional items are
needed to insure proper tumbling.
- Avoid laundering heavy permanent press items, such as work clothes, with lighter
permanent press items, such as shirts or blouses. Do not wash or
dry permanent press items with ordinary items such as towels, bed linens, etc.
- Items should have room to move freely in the dryer. Permanent press loads should always be
smaller than regular loads. Medium sized loads are best.
- Use the permanent press wash cycle. This cycle provides a cool-down rinse to minimize
wrinkling. Use the permanent press dry cycle, as well.
- Use the full water fill for a medium load and the medium fill for a small load.
- Wash permanent press fabric in cool or warm water with plenty of detergent.
- Proper use of a fabric softener will minimize wrinkling.
Note: If you follow good laundry procedures and permanent press clothes
still come out wrinkled, the finish may not be of good quality. In permanent press synthetic/cotton
blends, the cotton portion of the fabric can eventually wear away leaving only the synthetic. This
could cause more wrinkling.
- Tumble the clothes again on the permanent press setting.
- Rinse the clothes again and dry on the permanent press setting.
- Tumble in the dryer again on high heat for 10-12 minutes and hang them up immediately.
- Iron carefully
- Send the clothes to the dry cleaners for pressing.
- Some wrinkles may remain, these wrinkles cannot be removed.