|If your icemaker is leaking water into your ice bucket or onto your floor, several things could be the source of the problem. Check the following items:
Note: If the icemaker is leaking water onto the floor of your home, turn off the icemaker and then turn off the water supply to your icemaker. This line is usually located under the kitchen sink. Locate the cold water line under the sink, and look for a small 1/4" copper line attached to it. Where these two lines meet, there will be a saddle valve. Sticking out from this valve will be a post with a wire running through it. This is the shut-off valve. Turn this valve in a clockwise manner until it stops. This will shut off the water to the icemaker. If the water line is not connected under the sink, it will be in the basement or crawl space.
- Be sure the water line fittings are secure.
- Check the water valve for leaks.
- See if water is leaking from the fill tube extension.
- See if the defrost water drain is cracked or overflowing.
- Check for water on the exterior of the refrigerator case.
- See if the refrigerator is leveled. How to Level a Refrigerator.