- Make sure the turntable is centered and seated properly. On models with a stirrer motor there is a shaft protruding up through the floor of the microwave. Make sure the turntable is securely fastened to this shaft. On models that turn on a ring with wheels attached, make sure the turntable is seated securely on the ring.
- Check the turntable to make sure it is placed right side up. If the turntable plate is upside down it will drag on the floor of the microwave.
- Check to make sure that there is no food or debris under the "wheels" of the turntable ring. Food can prevent the wheels from moving forward.
- Be certain you are pressing a cook function rather than a timer function.
- If the microwave has a turntable on/off feature make sure the turntable was not inadvertently turned off. Try depressing the turntable on/off pad to re-engage the turntable.