- Remove the dispenser from the top of the agitator.
- Separate the dispenser cup from the cover by grasping the top and pushing down on the inside of the cup with your fingers. Dispenser cup will pop free from the cover.
- To clean the dispenser, soak both the dispenser cup and the dispenser cover in the
- 1 US gallon (3.8 liters) warm water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy duty liquid detergent
- 1 cup (240 ml) bleach
- If necessary, loosen build-up with a clean, soft cloth after soaking. Do not use a stiff
brush; you may roughen the surface of the dispenser.
- Rinse and reassemble dispenser. Place dispenser back on the agitator.
Make a solution of hot water and liquid detergent. Pour into the dispenser. If the washer has a warm rinse option, use the warm setting and run the washer through the rinse cycle two or three times. If the washer only has cold
rinse, pour hot sudsy water into the dispenser between rinses.
Tips to prevent build up:
Note: Some build up may be unavoidable.
Note: Softener may build up along the sides of the agitator.
If this occurs, set the washer to a regular cycle with hot wash. Allow the machine to fill and add liquid detergent. Stop the cycle and allow to stand for two hours. Run through the rest of the cycle and brush off any remaining build up with a stiff brush.
- Always dilute the softener with clean water, as recommended by the softener manufacturer.
- Once a month, fill the washer and dispenser with hot water and liquid detergent. Allow to stand for two hours and then run through a regular cycle.
To view a video for fabric softener usage:
To view a video for fixing an Agitator installed fabric softener broken or noisy: