Keep room air conditioners clean by performing the following tasks:
Take special care not to force movable louvers out of position or to damage the coil fins.
- Dampen a cloth with mild detergent and wipe the front and rear of the indoor grille.
- Vacuum the indoor grille with with a cleaning brush.
- Wipe or vacuum the areas behind the grille.
- Clean your air filter.
- Make a mixture of lukewarm water and mild soap and wipe down the cabinet of the unit.
- If the outdoor coils are clogged with debris, they may be professionally cleaned.
Note: Always unplug the room air conditioner before performing
any work on the unit.