|Due to the nature of the front-load washer,it is sometimes possible for small articles to pass to the pump. The washer has a filter to capture lost items so they are not dumped to the drain. To retrieve lost items, clean out the pump filter.
Note: This process is good for newer Front Load Washers only.
To view on cleaning the pump filter:
- Using a coin or flat screwdriver in the notch on the door, open the access door.
- Place a shallow pan or dish under the pump access door and towels on the floor in front of the washer to protect the floor. It is normal to catch about a cup of water when the filter is removed.
- Pull down the pour spout.
- Turn the pump filter counterclockwise and remove the filter. Open slowly to allow the water to drain.
- Clean the debris from the filter.
- Replace the filter and turn clockwise. Tighten securely.
- Flip up the pour spout.
- Close the access door.