RATINGS & REVIEW SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF, AND RESIDING WITHIN, THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE. RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “Ratings & Review Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) is offered and open only to legal residents of, and residing within, the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who, at the time of entry, are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Residents of Puerto Rico are not eligible to enter or win. Officers, directors, and employees of Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc. DBA GE Appliances (“Sponsor”), Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment (“Mercury”), their subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/promotion/web design agencies including Mercury and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sponsor & Others”), and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings, “steps” of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members whether related or not and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to this Promotion are ineligible to enter or win.
2. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE PROMOTION: The Promotion consists of twelve (12) separate periodic sweepstakes (each a “Periodic Sweepstakes”). The Promotion starts 1/1/19 at 12:00 A.M., Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends 12/31/19 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET (“Promotion Period”). The important dates for each Periodic Sweepstakes are listed in Rule 4 below. Non-winning entries from one (1) Periodic Sweepstakes will not carry forward into subsequent Periodic Sweepstakes. Entrants can earn an entry into a Periodic Sweepstakes by following the directions in Rule 3 and either “rating and reviewing” a recent Brand appliance (defined in Rule #3 below) purchase, a Brand appliance demonstrated at an event, a Brand appliance used in your home as part of Sponsor's sampling program or submitting a mail–in entry.
3. TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: There are four ways to enter:
(A) BY SUBMITTING A REVIEW OF A RECENTLY PURCHASED BRAND APPLIANCE: During the Promotion Period, either: (i) on your own or (ii) in response to an e–mail from Sponsor (“Sponsor's e–mail”) and by clicking on a link in the Sponsor's e–mail; go to a GE Appliances brand page, GE Profile brand page, Monogram brand page, Haier Appliances brand page, Café brand page or Hotpoint brand page which offers the “Write a Review” functionality at the time of entry. Select the GE Appliance, GE Profile, Monogram, Haier, Café or Hotpoint (the “Brands”) appliance that you have recently purchased that you wish to rate and review and click on “Write a Review.” If you receive a Sponsor's e–mail and the Brand page for the Brand Appliance you purchased does not have a “Write a Review” functionality, then you will be given a link and by clicking on the link you can enter as set forth in this Section 3(A). Then, follow the instructions to rate the selected appliance, write your review (“Review”) (your Review must be in English and consist of at least 50 characters) and enter your screen name and valid email address. After you have previewed your Review, please check the appropriate box(es) indicating whether you wish to share your Review; and then you will have to check a box that states the following: “I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND THE PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES.” (the “Entry Requirements”) and you will then receive an automatic entry into the Promotion. Whether or not you indicate your wish to share your review will not affect your chances of winning. Limit: You may only submit one (1) Review per Brand Appliance product, regardless of email address used or date of submission.
(B) BY SUBMITTING A REVIEW OF A BRAND APPLIANCE DURING AN EVENT: During the Promotion Period, go to a Sponsor's event (an “Event”) and write a Review of the Brand Appliance product being demonstrated at the Event and complete the Entry Requirements. Limit: You may only submit one (1) Review per Brand Appliance product being demonstrated at an Event, regardless of email address used. The time and location of Events will be announced by Sponsor from time to time. You must attend an Event to enter using the method of entry set forth in this Rule 3(B).
(C) BY SUBMITTING A REVIEW OF A BRAND APPLIANCE DURING A SPONSOR'S SAMPLING PROGRAM:
the Promotion Period, write a Review of the Brand Appliance product being sampled by Sponsor and
complete the Entry Requirements. Limit: You may only submit one (1) Review per Brand Appliance
product being sampled.
Note: that for the Event and Sampling Programs set forth in Section 3(B) and 3(C), you will be given a unique URL for your Review.
(D) MAIL–IN ENTRY: You may also receive an entry into the Promotion by legibly
on a properly stamped 3½” x 5” post card your name, complete street address,
valid email address,
telephone number, date of birth AND Model Number of your favorite Brand Appliance that you
would like to own and mailing it to: Ratings & Review Sweepstakes, 35610 Mound Road, Dept. 700,
Sterling Heights, MI 48310–4725. Mail–in entries not containing all of the information
above will be disqualified. The receipt date of the mail–in entry will determine the Periodic
Sweepstakes in which it will be entered. A mail–in entry must be received by the date
the table in Rule 4 below in order to be eligible for the respective Periodic Sweepstakes. Lost,
misdirected, mutilated, unintelligible or mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified.
In order for you to receive an entry into the Promotion, both you and your entry must be in compliance with the Official Rules.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS/ODDS OF WINNING: As stated above, the Promotion consists of twelve (12)
separate Periodic Sweepstakes, each starting and ending on the dates and times described in the
table herein below. Other important dates are also listed. Non–winning entries from one
Sweepstakes will neither be carried forward nor be included in subsequent Periodic Sweepstakes. On
or about the dates listed below, Mercury, the independent judging agency administering this
Promotion, will conduct a random drawing to randomly select the one (1) potential Periodic
Sweepstakes winner (“Periodic Winner”) of the then current Periodic Sweepstakes from
among all of
the eligible entries received during that respective Periodic Sweepstakes Period.
The potential Periodic Winners will be notified by e–mail on or about the indicated dates. Entrants should regularly check their spam filters and email messages to ensure they do not contain any important Sweepstakes notifications. The odds of winning a Periodic Sweepstakes depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the respective Periodic Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor's and Mercury's decisions will be final and binding as to all matters pertaining to this Promotion.
(AS OF 12:01:01 A.M. E.T. THAT DAY)
(AS OF 11:59:59 P.M. E.T. THAT DAY)
|MAIL–IN RECEIPT DEADLINE DATE||APPROX. RANDOM DRAWING DATE||NOTIFICATION DATE|
5. PRIZES (12): Each Periodic Winner will receive a Five Hundred Dollar ($500) Visa®
Prepaid Card. Card (the “Prize”). ARV: $500 each: Total ARV of all Periodic Sweepstakes
NOTE: Limit: Only one (1) Prize per person or household address throughout the Promotion Period regardless of email address used.
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms and conditions of Visa Prepaid Cards apply. Stock Batch Incentive Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. MetaBank is not the Sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Additional fees may apply that may reduce card balance. Card does not expire, though a monthly inactivity fee of $2.95 per calendar month may be charged. Fees will be waived for the first twelve (12) calendar months of inactivity, including the month of issuance. Fees will not be charged once the balance of the card reaches $0. This card can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted within the U.S. only. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for misplaced, lost, stolen or tampered with cards.
All costs and expenses associated with a Prize not specifically included above are solely the respective Periodic Winner's responsibility, including all federal, state, and local taxes, etc. Prizes are not redeemable for cash; nor are they transferable or substitutable except that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize or a component thereof with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor has no responsibility for a Periodic Winner's inability to accept or utilize his/her respective prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and randomly select an alternate potential winner in the event that: (a) a potential Periodic Winner is unreachable; (b) a prize notification email is returned as undeliverable or is not responded to; (c) a potential Periodic Winner fails to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (d) a potential Periodic Winner declines acceptance of the Prize; or (e) if in Sponsor's determination, a potential Periodic Winner has not complied with these Official Rules. All Prizes will be awarded provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries; however, Sponsor will make no more than three (3) attempts to award a Prize. If after three (3) such good faith attempts, Sponsor is unable to award a Prize; the Prize will not be awarded.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Periodic Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, on–line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON–INFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS A PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF A PRIZE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR & OTHERS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO YOU.
7. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By acceptance of any Prize, each Periodic Winner agrees to allow Sponsor, and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, personal information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except as and where prohibited by law.
8. RELEASE: By acceptance of any Prize, each Periodic Winner releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion or acceptance of a Prize, or arising out of use of or participation in any Promotion or Prize–related activity.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky or the appropriate Kentucky State Court located in Jefferson County, Kentucky. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Kentucky and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Kentucky. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out–of–pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. GENERAL: By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules as stated herein and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void in all jurisdictions other than the 50 United States/District of Columbia and where prohibited by law.
11. WINNERS LIST: To learn who won, send a self–addressed stamped envelope by 1/31/20 to “Ratings & Review Sweepstakes” Winners List, 35610 Mound Road, Dept. 900, Sterling Heights, MI 48310.
SPONSOR: Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc. DBA GE Appliances, Appliance Park, Louisville, KY 40225 is the sole sponsor of this Promotion.
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association; MetaBank® is a registered trademark of MetaBank. None of the aforementioned entities sponsor, endorse, approve or have any responsibility for this Promotion.
These “Ratings & Review Sweepstakes” Official Rules may not be re–published in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc. DBA GE Appliances.
Copyright 2019 Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.