THE FORCE OF INNOVATION SUPERFAN SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF, AND RESIDING WITHIN, THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF TIME OF ENTRY. RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, HAWAII, AND PUERTO RICO ARE INELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The GE Appliances "The Force of Innovation Superfan Sweepstakes" ("Promotion") is open to legal residents of, and residing within, the 48 contiguous United States or District of Columbia, who, at the time of entry, are at least 18 years old. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the "step" of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members, whether or not related) of Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc. DBA GE Appliances ("Sponsor"), Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures ("Disney"), Lucasfilm Ltd. and their parent, related, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, advertising/promotion/web design agencies including Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment ("Mercury"); and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives (collectively as "Sponsor & Others"), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. Residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and all jurisdictions other than the 48 contiguous United States or District of Columbia are ineligible to participate.
2. TIMING: The Promotion starts at 12:00 A.M., Eastern Time ("ET") on 1/10/2020 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M., ET on 1/31/2020 (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion consists of three (3) weekly sweepstakes (each a "Weekly Sweepstakes") and one (1) grand prize sweepstakes ("Grand Prize Sweepstakes") as set forth below:
(12:00 A.M. E.T.)
(11:59:59 P.M. E.T.)
|Random Selection Date
(on or about this date)
(on or about this date)
|Weekly Entry Period 1||1/10/2020||1/17/2020||1/23/2020||1/24/2020|
|Weekly Entry Period 2||1/18/2020||1/24/2020||1/30/2020||1/31/2020|
|Weekly Entry Period 3||1/25/2020||1/31/2020||2/6/2020||2/7/2020|
|Grand Prize Entry Period||1/10/2020||1/31/2020||2/6/2020||2/7/2020|
Non-winning entries into one Weekly Entry Period will carry forward into future Weekly Entry Periods. All eligible Entries will be entered into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION: To participate in the Promotion and receive an entry ("Entry" or collectively, "Entries") into the then current Weekly Sweepstakes and the Grand Prize Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant ("Entrant" and collectively, "Entrants") should first visit one or more of the following product pages and obtain a "Codeword" located on that page:
- https://www.geappliances.com/the-force-of-innovation/range.htm, or
The Entrant must then logon to www.geappliances.com/sweepstakes (the "Website") and must provide the required registration information including the valid Codeword, his/her first name, last name, primary phone number, valid email address, and ZIP Code and agree to be bound by these Official Rules (collectively, the "Registration Information"). Each day during the Promotion Period, an Entrant may visit the Website, and enter the Registration Information in order to receive an Entry for the Weekly Sweepstakes and for the Grand Prize Sweepstakes. Entry is via Internet only.
Limit: One (1) Entry per individual per day during the Promotion Period regardless of e-mail address used. During the Promotion Period, each day will start at 12:00 A.M. ET and end at 11:59:59 P.M. ET of that day.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS & ODDS OF WINNING: On or about each of the Random Selection Dates as set forth in Rule 2, Mercury, the independent judging agency administering this Promotion, will select two (2) potential Weekly Sweepstakes Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received in the Weekly Sweepstakes for Weekly Entry Periods 1 and 2; one (1) potential Weekly Sweepstakes Winner will be selected for Weekly Entry Period 3. On or about February 6, 2020, Mercury will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the entire "Promotion Period. Potential Weekly Winners and the Grand Prize Winner (sometimes, individually referred to below as "Winner" and collectively as "Winners") will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail on or about the next business day following the applicable random drawing. Mercury's decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Odds of winning a Weekly Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible Entries received in that respective and prior Weekly Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the Grand Prize Sweepstakes depend on the total number of all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: Grand Prize (1); Total Number of Weekly Sweepstakes Prizes — 5 Prizes (2 Prizes for each Weekly Entry Period 1 and 2; 1 Prize for Weekly Entry Period 3).
(A) WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES (5): Each Weekly Sweepstakes Winner will receive a $250 Visa® Prepaid Card. Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $250 each. Total ARV of the Weekly Sweepstakes Prizes: $1,250.
If a Weekly Sweepstakes Winner receives a Visa® Prepaid Card(s) these IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE APPLICABLE TO THE VISA PREPAID CARD(S): Terms and conditions of Visa Prepaid Card(s) apply. Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. MetaBank is not a Sponsor of this Promotion. Additional fees, as allowed by law, may apply that may reduce card balance. Card can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted within the U.S. only. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for misplaced, lost, stolen or tampered with cards.
(B) GRAND PRIZE (1): The one (1) Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner will receive a STAR WARS®: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER themed GE Profile™ Series ENERGY STAR® 23.1 Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth French-Door Refrigerator. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $2,829.
Total ARV of all prizes: $4,079.
Limit: A Winner of a Prize is not eligible to win any other Prizes.
NOTE: Sponsor will only deliver the Grand Prize to the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner's legal residence within the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia that is within a GE Appliances delivery zone. If the potential Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner resides in an area that is not within the GE Appliances delivery zone, the potential Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner must agree to accept delivery at the location within the GE Appliances delivery zone that is closest to his/her residence and to be solely responsible for delivery from that location to his/her residence. All costs and expenses not specifically included above are solely the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner's responsibility, including all federal, state and local sales and use taxes, etc. Installation of an appliance won in the Grand Prize Sweepstakes and removal of the appliance being replaced is solely the responsibility of the respective Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner. The Grand Prize may differ from the version included in any advertisement.
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO BOTH THE WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES AND THE GRAND PRIZE (BOTH REFERRED TO BELOW AS EITHER THE "PRIZE" OR THE "PRIZES"): Entrants should regularly check their spam filters and email messages to ensure they do not contain any important Promotion notifications. Regardless of the Prize won, no Prize is redeemable for cash; nor is it transferable or substitutable except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute a Prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner will be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being the potential Grand Prize Winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or an alternate potential Winner maybe selected from among all eligible Entries into the Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winner will receive a Form 1099 in the amount of the actual value of the Grand Prize, as required by law. Potential Weekly Sweepstakes Prize Winners must respond within seven (7) days following notification of being selected to confirm their Registration Information, complete address and date of birth. Failure to do so may result in disqualification for the Weekly Sweepstakes Prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and randomly select an alternate potential Winner in the event that: (a) a potential Winner is unreachable; (b) a Prize notification email is returned as undeliverable or is not responded to; (c) failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (d) a potential Winner declines acceptance of the Prize; or (e) if in Sponsor's determination, a potential Winner has not complied with these Official Rules. All Prizes will be awarded provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries; however, Sponsor will make no more than three (3) attempts to award a Prize. If after three (3) such good faith attempts, Sponsor is unable to award a Prize; the Prize will not be awarded. Sponsor has no responsibility for a Winner's inability to accept or utilize a Prize.
Allow up to 6-8 weeks for the delivery of a Weekly Sweepstakes Prize. Allow up to one (1) year for delivery of the Grand Prize.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning Entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS A PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF A PRIZE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSER & OTHERS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. ENTRANTS SHOULD CHECK THEIR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO THEM.
7. RELEASE: By participating in this Promotion, each Entrant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Promotion, arising out of participation in this Promotion or Prize related activity whether sponsored by Sponsor or third parties or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a Prize or any component of a Prize.
8. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By acceptance of a Prize, a Winner agree to allow Sponsor, and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, personal information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except as and where prohibited by law.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky or the appropriate Kentucky State Court located in Jefferson County, Kentucky; provided that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the intellectual property of Disney, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California and in the event of any dispute, all Entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California to resolve such disputes. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Kentucky and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Kentucky. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. GENERAL: By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Promotion. This Promotion is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All Entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any lost, late, undelivered, misdelivered or postage due mail.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by 3/2/20, to: Winners List, The Force of Innovation Superfan Sweepstakes, 35610 Mound Road, Dept 750, Sterling Heights, MI 48310-4725.
SPONSOR: Haier US Appliances Solutions, Inc. DBA GE Appliances, Appliance Park, Louisville, KY 40225 is the sole sponsor of this Promotion.
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association; MetaBank® is a registered trademark of MetaBank. None of the aforementioned entities sponsor, endorse, approve or have any responsibility for this Promotion.
The "The Force of Innovation Superfan Sweepstakes" Official Rules may not be re-published or re-printed in whole or in part without the prior express written consent of Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc.
Star Wars is a registered trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC. All rights reserved.
© 2020 & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2020 Haier US Appliance Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.