GE Appliances Cookie Disclosure
Last Updated June 6, 2016
a. Essential Cookies
Some cookies serve an essential function and the web sites cannot work properly without them. Where such essential cookies are used, they cannot be disabled.
b. Browser and Flash Cookies
Other cookies serve a functional purpose and improve the user experience of the web sites. We use browser and flash cookies to tell us, for example, whether you’ve visited us before, and to help us identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. Browser and flash cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site so that you do not need to reset them each time you visit the web site. Neither browser nor flash cookies can identify you as an individual. You can decline any browser cookie through your browser; however, without browser cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our web site features. Please see our disclosure section below to manage your flash cookies. Similar to browser cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all web site features once you have disabled flash cookies.
c. Web Beacons
Some types of cookies collect aggregate information which help us to improve our web sites by providing information, for example, on loading errors and the most visited webpages. Certain pages on our site may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). GE Appliances uses web beacons to help display content to visitors and to generate statistics regarding web traffic and trends. Web beacons cannot identify you as an individual. Please see our disclosure section below to manage your web beacons.
d. Advertising Cookies
GE Appliances will provide notice and obtain consent to our visitors when cookies are used for targeted advertising purposes as required by local law. Utilizing third party ad networks, these advertisements could be located on web sites you visit and, to accomplish this, we may transmit your IP address information to these partners. If a visitor declines to consent, they will not receive any advertising cookies.
We use the following cookies on our web site:
I. Essential Cookies
These cookies are required to operate the site:
- JSESSIONID — Stores a unique site-generated identifier for each computer or device visiting the site
- Site Preferences — Stores the preferences a visitor has made on the site, including whether the visitor has opted out of non-essential cookies
II. Browser and Flash Cookies
We sometimes embed content and sharing tools from other (third party) sites. When you visit a GE Appliances web site with embedded third party content or sharing tools, you may be presented with cookies from those third parties’ sites. We do not control the dissemination of these third party cookies. You should check the relevant third party web site(s) for more information about these cookies, and whether and how you may opt out of receiving them. Generally speaking, however, you may disable third party cookies by adjusting your browser settings — instructions may be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
- AddThis http://www.addthis.com/privacy/privacy-policy
- Baynote http://www.baynote.com/privacy-policy/
- Bazaarvoice http://www.bazaarvoice.com/consumer-privacy-policy
- Bing Code http://www.microsoft.com/privacystatement/
- Brightcove http://www.brightcove.com/en/privacy; http://support.brightcove.com/en/docs/video-cloud-player-cookies
- CyberSource http://www.cybersource.com/privacy.php
- Eco Rebates http://ecorebates.com/
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Google http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy
- Mapquest http://privacy.aol.com/
- OpinionLab http://www.opinionlab.com/privacy-policy/
- Oracle RightNow Chat http://www.oracle.com/us/legal/privacy/index.html
- Pinterest http://pinterest.com/about/privacy/
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget): http://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/
- ShareThis http://www.sharethis.com/privacy
- Twitter http://twitter.com/privacy
- YouTube http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
III. Web Beacons
Google Analytics, Litmus Analytics and Adobe Omniture — Collect information about how visitors use the site in order to optimize visitor experiences; note visitor page views and clicks within pages, length of time spent on our sites, and search term or referring site that brought a visitor to the site
You may remove the web beacons used by this site by following the instructions at www.aboutcookies.org.
IV. Advertising Cookies
- Accuen http://www.accuenmedia.com/privacy-policy/
- Aol Advertising http://advertising.aol.com/privacy
- Collective http://collective.com/about-us/privacy-policy/
- Conversant http://www.conversantmedia.com/legal/privacy
- Doubleclick http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
- Magnetic http://www.magnetic.com/privacy/corporate-privacy-policy/
- MediaMind http://www.mediamind.com/privacy-policy-new
- OwnerIQ http://owneriq.com/tech-service-privacy-policy.php
- RadiumOne http://www.radiumone.com/about/privacy.html