You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this web site or to GE Appliances via other methods, such as product registration, scheduling a service call or delivery, making a consumer inquiry, purchasing parts and participation in our promotional activities. Here are some of the ways you may provide the information and the types of information you may submit. We also tell you how we may use the information.
If you email us through the "Contact Us" link on this site, we ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. You may choose to provide additional information as well.
Questionnaires and Surveys
We occasionally may ask visitors to our web site and consumers to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. These surveys help us serve you better and improve the usefulness of our site. In conducting these surveys we may ask you for your name and email address. We do not keep any personal information about you in connection with your participation in a GE Appliances survey unless you specifically agree to provide that information.
Send Content to a Friend
You can send certain content to your friends. To do so, we ask you to provide your name and your friend's email address. We use this information to send the content to your friend.
Some cookies serve an essential function and the websites cannot work properly without them. Where such essential cookies are used, they cannot be disabled.
Browser and Flash Cookies
Other cookies serve a functional purpose and improve the user experience of the websites. We use browser and flash cookies to tell us, for example, whether you've visited us before, and to help us identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. Browser and flash cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site so that you do not need to reset them each time you visit the website. Neither browser nor flash cookies can identify you as an individual. You can decline any browser cookie through your browser; however, without browser cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features. For more information to manage flash cookies please visit our Cookie Notice & Disclosure page. Similar to browser cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all website features once you have disabled flash cookies.
Some types of cookies collect aggregate information which help us to improve our websites by providing information, for example, on loading errors and the most visited webpages. Certain pages on our site may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). GE uses web beacons to help display content to visitors and to generate statistics regarding web traffic and trends. Web beacons cannot identify you as an individual. For more information to manage web beacons please visit our Cookie Notice & Disclosure page.
GE will provide notice and obtain consent to our visitors when cookies are used for targeted advertising purposes as required by local law. If a visitor declines to consent, they will not receive any advertising cookies. For further information on each type of cookie we use, including their function, the information they collect and how to manage your choices, please consult our separate Cookie Notice & Disclosure section.
We may transfer the personal information we collect on this site to other countries where we do business, but we will do so only for the purposes described above. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described here unless otherwise required by applicable laws.
We provide links to other web sites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked web sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
This web site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records. Some links on GE Appliances web sites take web site visitors to sites that are directed to kids. These web sites have their own privacy notices that address children's privacy. We encourage you to read these privacy notices if you visit any linked sites directed to children.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this web site. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
Visiting our Feedback & Inquiries Form
Calling us at +1 203 373 2211 or
Writing us at:
The General Electric Company
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, CT 06828
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions (including by sending you marketing communications);
- We may share personal information you provide within the GE family of companies and with third parties that may offer you products or services we believe may interest you;
- Process, evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications;
- To provide you access to the GE Parts Store website, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number;
- To confirm and process your order, provide you with updates regarding your order, process returns and contact you concerning your order, we ask for your contact information, including your name, postal address, phone number, email address and your payment information, including your credit card number and billing information;
- Create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- Verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes listed here;
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing our products, services and websites; administering our websites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
- Ensure the safety of GE network services, information resources and employees.
We also may use personal information for other additional purposes, which we identify at the time of collection.
Notice to California Residents
Your Email Preferences
You may update your email preferences at any time by clicking the Set My Email Preferences link.