Last Updated June 6, 2016
- Change of business name and logo
- Revision of the Web Beacons section so that the usage of web beacons now includes GE Appliances communications
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Product and Account Registration
When you register a product or an account with GE Appliances, we ask you to provide your name, address, phone number, email address, and your product’s model number, serial number and purchase date.
Sales, Service and Promotional Activities
If you schedule a service call or delivery, make a consumer inquiry, purchase parts, participate in our promotional activities (such as rebates or contests) or email us through the “Contact Us” link on this site, we ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. You may choose to provide additional information as well.
GE Appliances Store/GE Parts Store
To provide access to members of the GE Appliances Store and GE Appliance Parts Store, we may ask you to furnish your authorization code, name, address, phone number and email address. When making a purchase, we may ask for your contact information, including your name, postal address, phone number, email address and your payment information, including your credit card number and billing information.
Questionnaires and Surveys
We occasionally may ask visitors to our web site and consumers to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. These surveys help us serve you better and improve the usefulness of our site. In conducting these surveys we may ask you for your name and email address. We do not keep any personal information about you in connection with your participation in a GE Appliances survey unless you specifically agree to provide that information.
Send Content to a Friend
You can send certain content to your friends. To do so, we ask you to provide your name and your friend’s email address. We use this information to send the content to your friend.
Information From Third-Party Sources
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. We also may receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
- To provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions (including by sending you marketing communications);
- To contact you in the event of a service notification for your registered appliance or to provide other notices concerning the safety of your appliance regardless of your stated privacy preferences.
- To process, evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications;
- To provide you access to the GE Appliances Store and GE Appliance Parts Store websites, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number;
- To confirm and process your order, provide you with updates regarding your order, process returns and contact you concerning your order;
- To create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- To verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes listed here;
- To evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment;
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing our products, services and websites; administering our websites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
- To ensure the safety of GE Appliances network services, information resources and employees.
We also may use personal information for other additional purposes, which we identify at the time of collection. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use some services.
Some cookies serve an essential function and the websites cannot work properly without them. Where such essential cookies are used, they cannot be disabled.
Browser and Flash Cookies
Other cookies serve a functional purpose and improve the user experience of the websites. We use browser and flash cookies to tell us, for example, whether you’ve visited us before, and to help us identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. Browser and flash cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site so that you do not need to reset them each time you visit the website. Neither browser nor flash cookies can identify you as an individual. You can decline any browser cookie through your browser; however, without browser cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features. For more information to manage flash cookies please visit our Cookie Notice & Disclosure page. Similar to browser cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all website features once you have disabled flash cookies.
Some types of cookies collect aggregate information which help us to improve our websites and communications by providing information, for example, on loading errors and the most visited webpages. Certain pages on our site and communications from us may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). GE Appliances uses web beacons to help display content to visitors and to generate statistics regarding web traffic, trends and the effectiveness of its communications. For more information to manage web beacons please visit our Cookie Notice & Disclosure page.
GE Appliances will provide notice and obtain consent to our visitors when cookies are used for targeted advertising purposes as required by local law. If a visitor declines to consent, they will not receive any advertising cookies. For further information on each type of cookie we use, including their function, the information they collect and how to manage your choices, please consult our separate Cookie Notice & Disclosure section.
Information We Share
Information We Transfer
We may transfer the personal information we collect on this site to other countries where we do business, but we will do so only for the purposes described above. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described here unless otherwise required by applicable laws.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other web sites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked web sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
This web site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on GE Appliances web sites. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on a GE Appliances web site, we will delete the information from our records. Some links on GE Appliances web sites take web site visitors to sites that are directed to children. These web sites have their own privacy policies that address children’s privacy. We encourage you to read these privacy policies if you visit any linked sites directed to children.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this web site. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology and other technologies to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
How to Contact Us
or writing us at:
Building 4, Room 200 G-08
Louisville, KY 40225
Please note that GE Appliances reserves the right to contact you in the event of a safety or quality-related issue with your registered appliance regardless of your stated privacy preferences.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a resident of the State of California, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by GE Appliances to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to CAPrivacyAppliances@geappliances.com with “California Privacy Information Request” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Your Email Preferences
Mobile Information We Collect
Personally identifiable information (e.g. Name, email address) we collect consists only of what you share with us. For example, certain products may ask for this type of information so that we may contact you by phone or email at your request. You choose what, how, and when you want to share.
If you use any location-enabled products, you may be sending us location information. GE Appliances does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby restaurant you requested. Location-enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time.
Use of 3rd party services such as social sharing sites (e.g., Facebook & Twitter) is governed by the privacy practices of those services. GE Appliances does not capture or store your login information or other personally identifiable information for these services, however session info or cookies may be stored.
How We Use Mobile Collected Information
We use the information to personalize your experience with the application and to improve your overall experience including the development of new products, services, and features. We also use the information to provide customer support, and when applicable, register and administer your account. Additionally, we may use the information you provide to contact you about updates to our service.
Information you provide may be used to fulfill the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. For example, if you authorize a purchase through a mobile eCommerce application, we will use provided information to ship and bill you.
Mobile Information Sharing
GE Appliances does not share any collected information with 3rd parties with the following exceptions:
- GE Appliances may provide some personal data to third-party partners that are providing services essential to your mobile user experience.
- All requests are sent through your mobile carrier’s network and your carrier may have access to it. Consult your carrier’s privacy policies for additional information.
- Certain mobile products and services and manufacturers allow you to interact and share your information with others. For example, you may want to Tweet or post to your Facebook page content from a GE Appliances mobile application. Consult your mobile device manufacturer, or mobile product or application developer’s privacy policies for additional information.
SMS Terms and Conditions
For information about our mobile SMS Terms and Conditions, including how to opt in or opt out of receiving mobile alert updates or notices, please consult our SMS Terms and Conditions page.