GE Opens Hybrid Water Heater Factory in U.S.
We are happy to announce the opening of our new GeoSpring™ Hybrid Water Heater facility at Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky – the first new factory to open there since 1957. The investment of $38 million in the new product and revitalized facility is the first realization of a commitment GE made to invest $1 billion ($800 million in Louisville) and create more than 1,300 new jobs in the U.S. by 2014. The new product and other recent investments at Appliance Park have already created hundreds of jobs in fields like engineering, industrial design, and manufacturing.
- On February 10, 2012, the GeoSpring™ Hybrid Water Heater rolled off the assembly line for the first time in Louisville, KY.
- The new factory premiere is the first testament to $1 billion investment by Appliances’ business.
- Success of highly efficient water heaters is expected to create demand and more jobs.
- Press Release
- Saves up to $365 per year on your electric utility bill
- Qualifies for state and local utility rebates and tax credits
- 50 gallon capacity makes for a great replacement for a 40- or 50-gallon standard electric water heater
- Provides the same amount of hot water as a standard electric 50-gallon water heater
- Easily replaces your current electric water heater by using the same water & electrical connections
- 4 operating modes allows you to customize your energy savings & water heater performance
- Vacation setting saves money while you are away
- Electronic controls make it simple to change the temperature or operating mode
- 10 year limited warranty*** on all parts
- Product available April 2012
* Based on DOE test procedures and comparison of 50-gallon standard electric tank water heaters using 4879 kWh per year vs. the GeoSpring hybrid water heater using 1830 kWh per year and national average electricity rate of 12 cents per kWh.
*** See written warranty for details.