Shopping Guide: Questions to consider before buying your new range
Before you buy your next range, be sure to gather the following information to find the right one for you and your family. You can also print and complete our form, then take it to your local dealer to find the right stove for you.
Basic questions to ask yourself before buying:
- Do you need a gas or electric model?
- If you need a gas range, do you require natural or liquid propane (LP)? All GE gas ranges come with everything you need to convert it from natural gas to LP.
- How many people live in your home?
- How often do you have guests over for dinner or host parties? If often, a double-oven range might be a good choice.
- Are you building a new home, remodeling/upgrading your current kitchen, or are you replacing an existing appliance?
- Do you like restaurant inspired appliances? Our GE Café™ Series appliance line offers a robust, restaurant-inspired appearance.
Questions to help you choose the right model:
- What size range do you need? Be sure to measure your cutout space, then check the dimensions of the range you are interested in to help ensure a proper fit. Look for “Installation Instructions” on each range for exact cutout dimensions.
- Would you prefer a larger oven capacity that can hold more dishes?
- Would you enjoy a cooktop that offers additional flexibility?
Printer-friendly range shopping guide