GE ENERGY STAR certified GE refrigerators are designed to save energy without sacrificing the convenience of flexible capacity, great food preservation and a variety of appearance options.
- Since 2005, GE has sold over 9 Million ENERGY STAR Certified refrigerators which are 20% or more energy efficient than standard models.*
GE ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators have new innovations and features to help save energy and money:
- Adaptive defrost system defrosts based on number of door openings instead of a pre-specified amount of time to save on energy.
- Humidity sensor on bottom mount units regulates heater power consumption based on humidity of environment by measuring ambient environment and giving only enough heat to remove the sweat.
- Variable speed compressors and fans match capacity of refrigerator system to usage to provide more efficient run times.
- In some areas, the purchase of an ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator may make consumers eligible for utility rebates. Check with your local utility company to see if you're eligible.
- GE ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators have new innovations and features to help save energy and money:
GE Energy Star Certified RefrigeratorsView All GE Energy Star Certified Refrigerators
GE Appliances help you conserve energy and save money. We have been an ENERGY STAR Partner for over 10 years. We are committed to creating energy efficient, high performance household appliances and lighting products.
First to Waste Not - GE Appliances' Product Recycling Program
GE Appliances is the first and only appliance manufacture to partner with the EPA on the Responsible Appliance Disposal Program (RAD).
GE Refrigerator Recycling
When an old refrigerator is taken out of service, about 55 pounds of material ends up in a landfill. GE Appliances' Product Recycling program reduces it to only 8 pounds. See how we do it!
Not available in all areas of the country
Make a Cool Change.
Recycle your old refrigerator today.
Find Appliance Rebates
Browse utility company, state, federal, and GE rebates available on select appliances in your area.Find Rebates
*U.S. Environmental Protection Agency