Shopping Guide: Questions to consider before buying your new cooktop
Before you buy your next cooktop, be sure to gather the following information to find the right one for you and your family. You can also print and complete our form, then take it to your local dealer to find the perfect GE cooktop for you!
Basic questions to ask yourself before buying:
- Do you need a gas or electric model?
- If you need a gas cooktop, do you require natural or liquid propane (LP)? (For LP fuel, a separate LP conversion kit must be purchased separately, and installed by a qualified distributor or installer.)
- Are you building a new home, remodeling/upgrading your current kitchen, or are you replacing an existing appliance?
Questions to help you choose the right model:
- What size cooktop do you need? GE offers 30” and 36” cooktop models. Be sure to measure your cutout space, then check the dimensions of the cooktop you're interested in to help ensure a proper fit. Refer to the full “Installation Instructions” on each cooktop for exact cutout dimensions before cutting cabinets or countertops. These instructions are available online.
- Will you be installing your new cooktop over a built-in wall oven or warming drawer?
- Would you enjoy a cooktop that offers additional flexibility?
- Is precise temperature control important when cooking?
Printer-friendly cooktop shopping guide