Why Do I Need A Dehumidifier?
Dehumidifiers are designed to effectively remove excessive moisture for various dampness levels, making your home feel more comfortable and helping to protect it from damages created by prolonged exposure to damp air.
How Does It Work?
A dehumidifier absorbs warm, damp air that passes through refrigerated coils. Once cooled, the air releases its water content, which drips into a collection bucket. The drier air is then brought back up to room temperature and is released back into the room. The bucket with handle can easily by emptied when full, or you can connect the dehumidifier to a garden hose for a continuous drain option.
When Do I Need a Dehumidifier?
If you’re experiencing any of the below situations, your home may be in need of a dehumidifier to help improve the overall air quality:
• You live in a humid area and/or notice condensation on your windows regularly.
• Your basement feels damp and smells musty.
• You’ve found mildew or mold growing in your home.
•You have rooms that feel stuffy and/or have poor ventilation.
Advantages of Using a Dehumidifier
In addition to protecting your home from allergens and deterioration, a dehumidifier also provides the below advantages to make your home feel more comfortable:
• Lowers overall humidity levels which help prevent rust as well as wood warping and splitting.
• Reduces humidity-loving allergens like dust mites and mold to help alleviate potential health issues.
• Saves money by helping your AC units run more efficiently—they don’t have to work as hard on removing excess humidity from the air, so they cool more effectively.
If you’re convinced your home would benefit from using a dehumidifier, start your shopping experience here.