Zoneline Buying Tips
- What to Look for in Heating & Cooling Units
- What BTUH Size Do I Need?
- Do I Need Heat Pump or Electric Resistance?
- Common Air Conditioner Terminology
- Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner (PTAC) Installation Guide
- Selecting the Right Accessories for your PTAC
- Vertical Air Conditioner Installation Guide
- Selecting the Right Accessories for your Vertical Air Conditioner
- How to Properly Clean and Maintain Your Zoneline
- Warranty Information
Accessory Guide for Your GE Zoneline Vertical Air Conditioner
The GE Zoneline Vertical Air Conditioner is approximately 24″ × 24″ and has a top air discharge that is ducted into a single room or multiple rooms. Because the new Zoneline Vertical is installed in a closet, it provides a more home-like appearance to the room as well as quieter operation.
GE Zonelines require a set of essential accessories for proper operation. Once you have selected your type of unit (resistance heat or heat pump) and the size of unit needed, next you’ll need to consider the following:
RAVWP6 — Up to 6 in wall thickness
RAVWP8 — Up to 8 in wall thickness
RAVWP12 — Up to 12 in wall thickness
RAVWP15 — Up to 15 in wall thickness
- Wall plenum dimensions are 19-3/4 in × 32 in
- They come in a warm gray beige color
- Wall cutout dimensions are 20 in × 32-1/4 in
Access Panel with Return Air Grille
Return Air Grille
Power connection kits are required on all GE Zoneline chassis. The correct kit for the installation is determined by the voltage and amperage of the electrical circuit and the means of connecting the unit to the building wiring.
These units may be plugged into a receptacle using a line power cord kit or hard-wired. If the unit is to be permanently connected, a permanent connection kit would be used. Some installations utilize sub-bases for support of the unit and to hide the electrical connection.
Power Cord Kits
Direct Connect Kits
265-volt units are provided with a junction box and require direct connection. 265-volt cord set units must be installed in compliance with National Electrical Code®.
Direct Connect Kits
To be used with a sub-base or connection to building wiring.
All Zoneline units are compatible with GE Appliances' wall-mounted remote thermostats. We offer both digital and programmable wired thermostats.
8500 Electric Resistance Heat Series
Cooling with Electric Heat Digital ThermostatRAK164D1
Cooling with Electric Heat Programmable ThermostatRAK164P1
8500 Heat Pump Series
Heat Pump Digital ThermostatRAK148D1
Heat Pump Programmable ThermostatRAK148P1